libtool -dlopen failure - wrapper issue?

While trying to update clamav, I am seeing:

libtool:   error: libraries can '-dlopen' only libtool libraries: -L./.libs
libtool:   error: error: relink 'libclamav.la' with the above command before installing it

It appears to be coming from:

  -dlopen -L./.libs libclamunrar_iface.la

(--without-unrar gets me a successful build.)

I don't see -L./.libs when building outside of pkgsrc.

Thoughts on a fix?

Cheers,

Patrick