Re: Supporting GCC_REQ+=7 as well as GCC_REQ+=7.0

David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

> The following patch tweaks _GCC*_PATTERNS to match 4, 5 6 and 7, and the
> USE_PKGSRC_GCC_RUNTIME block to use _GCC_PKGBASE

I don't think 4 should match anything.  It could refer to many versions
and that's confusing, and we aren't having problems with people using 4
and expecting it to work.  So I would drop 4 change, and keep 5/6/7 and
then I am in favor of your patch.

I would like to deprecate and eventually remove 7.x and make only 7
legit (similary 5 and 6).  But the removal is less important, especially
if pkglint warns on the longer forms.