Re: configuration versioning: basic functionality needs testing

I'm not sure if it would be better to merge into the copy of the currently installed configuration file changes going from the first to the last revision of example configuration, or changes from the second to last to the last revision.

> On June 10, 2018 at 1:18 PM Keivan Motavalli <keivan%motavalli.me@localhost> wrote:
> [...]
> the initial revision of the provided example file is checked out from
> VCSDIR/defaults/path/to/installed/file.
>

> "merge file1 file2 file3" from "rcs" is run
> with file.automerge as the first file, file2 the initial revision of
> package-provided example configuration files, and file3 the last
> revision of package-provided example configuration files ($f_eg).
>
> does this make sense?

here part of the email got cut... if the merge exits with no errors or conflicts, the result is copied to $file