Re: databases/mariadb55-client and readline

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 02:58:05AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Add
> > typedef char  **rl_completion_func_t(const char *, int, int);
>
> I had to add two ifdef __NetBSD__ to get it building:
>
> +#if defined(__NetBSD__)
> +typedef char   **rl_completion_func_t(const char *, int, int);
> +#endif
>
> (...)
>
> -#if !defined(HAVE_HIST_ENTRY)
> +#if !defined(__NetBSD__) && !defined(HAVE_HIST_ENTRY)
>  typedef struct _hist_entry {
>    const char      *line;
>    const char      *data;
>  } HIST_ENTRY;
>
> Of course this is not satisfying, since even NetBSD could be using real
> readline. There must be something borken in configure process.

The change was made to fix the build on libedit in netbsd-8/current.
people seem to actively avoid readline. mariadb even bundles readline.
If you force include include devel/readline instead of mk/readline I
think it will pull in readline from pkgsrc.

this all looks like a mess. instead of a configure check, we force
USE_READLINE_V6 = 1. perhaps that was the crossover point and checking
for rl_completion_func_t instead of forcing the new interface is the
clean change?