Re: Advice on creating BLAS choice

Am Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:33:37 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost>:

>  From a social engineering standpoint, I would choose BLAS_REFUSED, or
> something else with a negative connotation, over BLAS_ACCEPTED.

Agreed. Any hints on implementation? Particularily how per-package
override should look? A packacke usually including
mk/blas.buildlink3.mk, but having a custom pkgoption to use a specific
BLAS instead?

I guess we agree that all packages using the global BLAS choice
mechanism really should all use the same BLAS. A local override should
opt out of the global BLAS mechanism, instead of building that
mechanism to read additional variables for blurring the configured
choices. BLAS_REFUSED will just make the build fail early and make the
admin think again about the global choice or use a package-specific
option to make it use a special BLAS. Right?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis