Re: Selecting a C++ compiler

> As I have said a number of times, whether "this requires C++11" means
> GCC 4.7, 4.8, 4.9 or 5+ depends on various factors. For most programs,
> GCC 4.8 will be good enough. For strict compliance, 5+ is necessary.
> In some case, GCC 4.7 will be good enough.
While this may technically be true, I think it doesn't help in the current
discussion. We have two options:
0) leave it broken as-is, requiring pkgsrc users to fully understand the
   idiosyncracies of GCC ABIs, their partly broken implementation of C++
   levels they claim to support, etc.
1) Implement a logic that regards "accepts -std=c++11" as "is acceptable
   to build a package with !empty(USE_LANGUAGES:Mc++11) and let GCC_REQD
   do the rest.
2) Implement a logic that regards another given set of GCC versions to be
   acceptable for building a package using c++.