Detecting binary package build

Is there a canonical way to detect a binary package build within the package Makefile, whether the build was invoked by pbulk or just "make package"?

I just added wip/openblas and I want to use different build options for a binary package and a local source build.

I.e. if building a binary package for distribution on x86, I would enable DYNAMIC_ARCH, which generates CPU-agnostic code. When doing a local source build, I would turn this off so the upstream build system can optimize for the local CPU.

Thanks...

--
Earth is a beta site.