Issue with bootstrap build affecting pkgsrc builds

Hi,

I noticed an issue with devel/ncurses that we've seen before:

g++: error: ../lib/.libs/libncurses++.so: No such file or directory
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-rpath'

This is on a clean amd64 Ubuntu 16.04.3 system which has had nothing done besides the usual apt-get update / upgrade / dist-upgrade / whatever.

However, I had forgotten to install g++, so it was installed after bootstrap was built. So, I nuked everything, installed g++, then tried devel/ncurses again. It worked!

So what's going on with bootstrap when g++ isn't installed that affects building packages later? Perhaps we should test for this when building bootstrap?

John
--
I seriously doubt that ANY email client will ever duplicate the
functionality of Outlook. Its ability to run foreign code is unparalleled.