Re: Once more, C++11 and older 'base' compilers

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 01:11:38PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
> Can you clarify how _TARGET_HAS_PKGSRC_GCC gets set?  Is this built into the
> bootstrap scripts and set globally for selected OSs and ARCHs?  Can users
> add it to mk.conf for other platforms?

I wanted to whitelist platforms. linux is diverse, but often very well supported.
For all others we can say yes/no with certainty after testing.

> How do gcc48 and dependencies get exempted so they can build with the system
> compiler?

With this exception (should possibly be a wildcard for 5,6,7?)

#  Special case packages which are themselves a dependency of gcc runtime.
.  if empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/libtool-base) && empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/binutils) && empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/gcc??)