Re: license question

Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost> writes:

>> On Jul 14, 2017, at 6:48 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> The usual response is:
>>
>>  Has this license been determined to be Free Software by FSF, or Open
>>  Source by OSI?  If not, have you asked upstream to have it approved or
>>  use an approved license?
>>
>>  Regardless, if this license is not in pkgsrc/licenses already, even if
>>  neither authority has blessed it, you are free to add it as
>>  licenses/flashpix-license (with -license meaning it has not been
>>  approved by a pkgsrc-recognized authority).
>
> The implication is that if a license is approved, then it should not have the -license suffix, right?

If it's approved by any of the pkgsrc-desigated authorities, it should
no have -license.

> If so, why is the Boost license in licenses/boost-license and not licenses/boost?
>
> It is approved by OSI [1].
>
> Cheers,
> Brook
>
> [1] https://opensource.org/licenses/BSL-1.0

Either someone made a mistake or it was approved after we added it (or
something else more complicated I haven't thought of).

Feel free to move it (and change mk/licenses.mk, and a similar list in
pkg_install.  Please note the OSI approval in your commit message.