Re: Xfce4 completely unusable in pkgsrc-current

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 16:08:07 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> at least for me Xfce4 is completely unusable in pkgsrc-current. I
> unfortunately lack besides time a lot of background, starting with not
> knowing which of the recentish changes are on-purpose and which are
> NetBSD or pkgsrc specific bugs.
>
> I wonder if it would be good to back the recent updates out and
> re-apply right after the freeze is over, to give more time for proper
> fixes.
>
> Has anyone besides Youri and me tried it? Anyone using the more
> recentish versions on some other platform and could compare?

I've been running xfce4 on 7.1_STABLE/amd64.  Biggest issues seem to be
gtk3-related, where menus are squished, input boxes don't look quite
right, and scroll-bars are sometimes missing (especially in firefox)

Not sure how many of these are pkgsrc-only issues.

Later...

Greg Oster