lang/oracle-jre8 builtin.mk not working on Darwin

Hello!

On macOS Sierra, with pkgsrc-current, builtin.mk for lang/oracle-jre8
doesn't seem to be working because it's not detecting that I have a
built-in version installed.  (This may not be due to a recent change
since I haven't tried building it in a while.)  It doesn't even seem to
assign a value to USE_BUILTIN.oracle-jre8:

===
$ bmake show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.oracle-jre8

===

So, the value is empty.  According to mk/buildlink3/bsd.builtin.mk,
all builtin.mk files should set USE_BUILTIN.<pkg> to "yes" or "no"
after it's included, so shouldn't it be set?  Or does this tell me that
builtin.mk is not being included somehow, or that bmake is terminating
before it gets to including it?

Other variables I tried showing are also empty:

===
$ bmake show-var VARNAME=IS_BUILTIN.oracle-jre8

$ bmake show-var VARNAME=PREFER.oracle-jre8

$ bmake show-var VARNAME=BUILTIN_VERSION.oracle-jre8

===

I do have PREFER_NATIVE set:

===
$ bmake show-var VARNAME=PREFER_NATIVE
yes
===

The actual output when I run bmake is as follows:

===
# bmake
=> Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: found digest-20160304
===> Skipping vulnerability checks.
WARNING: No /opt/pkg/libdata/pkgdb/pkg-vulnerabilities file found.
WARNING: To fix run: `/opt/pkg/sbin/pkg_admin -K /opt/pkg/libdata/pkgdb fetch-pkg-vulnerabilities'.
ERROR: ======================================================================
ERROR:
ERROR:  The file jre-8u121-macosx-x64.tar.gz containing Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8u121
ERROR:
ERROR:  must be fetched into:
ERROR: 	/pkg_comp/distfiles/jre-8u121-macosx-x64.tar.gz
ERROR:  from:
ERROR: 	http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index-jsp-138363.html
ERROR: 	or http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/archive-139210.html
ERROR:
ERROR:  Click Download for 'Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8u121', read and accept the
ERROR:  license, then choose 'darwin tar.gz file'.
ERROR:
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /pkg_comp/pkgsrc/lang/oracle-jre8
===

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lewis