Re: Modifications to INSTALL/DEINSTALL (mk/pkginstall)

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 02:02:04AM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> There is a third way that wiz@ asked me to look into -- we can move the
> scripts in mk/pkginstall into an "install-scripts" package that is a
> dependency for packages that use the pkgsrc-provided install scripts.

One variant, don't create a single monolithic script package, but it
group by functionalities. That dramatically reduces the impact of
potential changes. That said, I don't think optimising for the latter is
otherwise a huge necessity. I think this is the only reasonable way
forward.

Joerg