Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/gssdp

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 08:28:45PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> I'm having a bit of trouble following.  Joerg's point that only packages
>> that actually link against readline should have a bl3 line seems
>> correct.
>
> That's slightly different from what I am asking. All those packages pull
> in readline indirectly, i.e. one of the libraries they use is linked
> against it and that's propagated down. The correct fix is to hunt down
> those libraries and make sure they have readline in their b3.mk file.

Got it - that's actually what I was trying to say, but I didn't say it
very well.  I should have said "directly link".

It seems likely that a fairly small number of packages that directly
link against readline need a dependency in their bl3 files, and then the
rest will be ok.  Is that your take too?