Re: changing the default pkgdbdir used in bootstrap script

So that this discussion doesn't get de-railed, having the metadata
database beside or in the package hierarchy it describes is the only
way to allow multiple package hierarchies to co-exist. I disagree
about the function of /var/db (I view it as run-time metadata,
short-term until next reboot not long-term) and I do not think the
package metadata belongs there; I've had my own metadata under
${LOCALBASE} since 2001, as it was necessary for package views then,
and is still a good idea now. I'll take any suggestion, such as
Jonathan's, which puts it in ${LOCALBASE}