Re: cwrappers now enabled by default on some platforms

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 04:47:04PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 11:39:06AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>  > >That is a killer, any details?
>>  >
>>  > ctfconvert -g -L VERSION -g alloc.o
>>  > make: exec(ctfconvert) failed (No such file or directory)
>>
>> shouldn't be trying to run that without probing for it...
>
> Inconsistent build. cwrappers is using plain bsd.prog.mk, but if the
> system was build with MKCTF=no, but /etc/mk.conf doesn't contain it,
> things will naturally break...

I see your point, but if one does a build with some mk.conf, and gets
binaries, and later installs them, I don't think we generally have rule
that mk.conf must contain all the settings.   pkgsrc should be treating
the base system as something that's installed, not something we build.

So I agree with dholland that there should be some autoconf-like
probing.

A harder question is if changing any MK setting on the base system
should require the equivalent of rebootstrapping.  I think it would be
much better if it didn't.