Re: cwrappers now enabled by default on some platforms

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:51:42PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Thomas Klausner wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:41:59AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> >> With this commit cwrappers are enabled by default (i.e. if the user
> >> does not specify USE_CWRAPPERS themselves) on Darwin, Linux, and
> >> SunOS/gcc.
> >
> >I've also enabled this on NetBSD.
> >
> >jperkin tells me that PKGSRC_MKPIE is not supported by cwrappers, so
> >if you like that feature, you'll have to turn off cwrappers for now
> >(or add support).
>
> It also doesn't seem very happy if you have built NetBSD with MKCTF=no.
>
> Is there a way to disable cwrappers in mk.conf ?

Sure, as mk/defaults/mk.conf says:

USE_CWRAPPERS?=        auto
# Build packages using the newer pkgtools/cwrappers infrastructure, which can
# significantly speed up builds and use fewer resources.  Some compiler and
# platform combinations are not currently handled by cwrappers, so currently
# the default is "auto" which enables cwrappers automatically if the platform
# _OPSYS_SUPPORTS_CWRAPPERS variable is set to "yes".
#
# Possible: yes, no, auto
# Default: auto (automatic detection, see above)

 Thomas