Re: gfortran

On 09/15/2016 12:54, Rhialto wrote:
On Mon 12 Sep 2016 at 12:45:40 -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
It's not picking up gcc49.  If only gcc49 is installed, it overlooks it and
starts building gcc48 as a dependency.
According to the message, either one should work:

=> Full dependency gcc48>=4.8: NOT found
It may seem like that on first look, but gcc 4.9 is called gcc49 and not
any version of gcc48, and therfore it unfortunately doesn't match
gcc48>=4.8.

-Olaf.

Tired mistake...

Leaves me to wonder why USE_LANGUAGES=fortran doesn't accept GCC > 4.8, though.

mk/compiler/gfortran has gcc48 hard-coded, but I suspect that 4.9 would work fine. Maybe we just need to extend the check for an existing gfortran to include ${PREFIX}/gcc*/bin?

    Jason