pkglint fails to build on NetBSD 5

I'm updating packages on a NetBSD 5 box and pkglint fails to build
because of go14 Yes, I know that with the release of 7 (which is just
yesterday in NetBSD release terms), pkgsrc no longer really supports 5.
Were this some regular package, I wouldn't worry.  But for pkgsrc
infrastructure, not supporting NetBSD 5 seems like a real problem.
Hopefully this is just a built nit in go14 and easily fixed.

The go14 build fails with

./make.bash: line 161: /u0/n0/ANONCVS/pkgsrc/lang/go14/work/go/pkg/tool/netbsd_386/go_bootstrap: Inappropriate file type or format

and funning file on it shows that it's a binary for a later version of the OS.

./work/go/pkg/tool/netbsd_386/go_bootstrap: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (NetBSD), statically linked, for NetBSD 5.99, not stripped

The machine is "NetBSD 5.2_STABLE (XEN3PAE_DOMU)" and is more or less
up-to-date with netbsd-5.  It otherwise works fine.

Following the modern trend, the build output is not useful because the
actual commands are omitted :-(

Can any of the go people explain?