Re: Expanding the default OPSYSVARS

Comment below about PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.${OPSYS} not working correctly below.

David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 03:24:31PM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>  > with 'SUBST_CLASSES' listed in OPSYSVARS, one only needs to do this:
>  >
>  >   SUBST_CLASSES.Darwin+=	foo
>  >
>  > I think one of the reasons it gets so little use is that the default
>  > list of variables is too short.  I'd like to add the following
>  > variables to the default list, based on some quick analysis of the
>  > most-used variables (those used >30 times) within .if ${OPSYS} blocks:
>  >
>  >   BUILD_TARGET
>  >   BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM
>  >   CONFIGURE_ARGS
>  >   CONFIGURE_ENV
>  >   MAKE_ENV
>  >   PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS
>  >   SUBST_CLASSES
>  >   USE_TOOLS
>
> yes please :-)
>
> I'd add PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS to that list - doesn't appear that often
> but when it does parallelism with PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS will improve
> clarity.

Unfortunately, PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS isn't working correctly as an OPSYSVAR
A value placed in PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS.Darwin for example does end up
in PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS, but it doesn't get correctly propagated to PKG_OPTIONS
so the packages don't actually pick up the option.

I'm not sure what the right fix is.

Darrin