Re: wrappers and gcc -isystem

* On 2016-02-18 at 10:15 GMT, Mark Davies wrote:

> On 18/02/16 22:37, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> >* On 2016-02-17 at 11:15 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> >
> >>+1 on removing -isystem completely.
> >
> >I tested adding a BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM for -isystem => -I in a bulk
> >build, the result is here:
>
> Certainly thats a simple fix, but I'm curious how its results compare to
> teaching the wrapper framework fully about -isystem
> which as far as I can tell is the below patch.

Your patch only handles legacy wrappers, not cwrappers which is
necessary for fast (bulk) builds.  If you can come up with a patch
which handles cwrappers too (which would be required for integration
anyway) then I'd be happy to test it.

> I'm not philosophically inclined to either approach, just being able to
> simply and repeatedly build packages.

At this point my favoured approach would be to remove the -isystem
instances which are causing issues, and to continue to explore the
case for removing them pkgsrc-wide.  I'm not strongly insistent that
we do the latter, at least until we have decent data, but I'd like to
have the former quite soon (for now we (Joyent) have had to patch our
2015Q4 branch manually to avoid this issue).

Thanks,