Re: converters/TECkit - dynamically generated tar file fails checksum

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 05:58:21PM -0500, Chuck Cranor wrote:
>     looks like the default source site for converters/TECkit is dynamically
> generating the tar.gz file we are downloading, causing the gz timestamp
> to change with each download.   this makes the build fail with a checksum
> error.
>
>     what is the correct way to fix this?

1. tell upstream to stop doing this nonsense (because it makes it
impossible to verify for downstreams if the file has been tampered
with).

2. until they fix that, take a known good version of the tarball and
put it on nbftp in LOCAL_PORTS, and use that as MASTER_SITES.

Cheers,
 Thomas