Re: recaptcha package not ported to Python 3

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 02:17:31PM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> I have found that this package doesn't work on Python 3 so I want to
> make the following change.  I have two questions based on the fact that
> the only change is not to build if it can't work.
>
> 1. Is it OK to commit during the freeze?

Yes.

> 2. Does it need a PKGREVISION bump.

No, because it didn't build anyway. No change to any existing binary
package.

> +PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 34 35 # not yet ported

The convention for this is:

PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 34 35 # as of X.Y.Z

where X.Y.Z is the last version where anyone tried building with
python-3x.

You also have to add

PYTHON_VERSIONS_INCOMPATIBLE= 33 34 35 # py-recaptcha

to any package that depends on it (if any), so that pbulk doesn't
break.
 Thomas