pkgsrc is now frozen in preparation for pkgsrc-2015Q4

Hey all,

As per the subject, we are now in the freeze period in preparation for
branching pkgsrc-2015Q4.  The freeze is expected to last no longer
than 2 weeks.

As pkgsrc users, how can you help ensure this is our best release yet?

 - Test pkgsrc bootstrap on your favourite platforms, the more diverse
   the better, and report any failures.

 - Check that your favourite packages build and, more importantly as
   bulk builds do not check this, function correctly at runtime.

 - Look through the bulk build reports sent to the pkgsrc-bulk list at
   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/ and submit fixes.

 - If you have reasonable hardware, perform a bulk build (even if it's
   limited to one of the meta-pkgs/bulk-* sets) on a platform for
   which there aren't already regular reports.

 - Review the bootstrap documentation for your platform to ensure it
   is accurate.

With the tree frozen, now is a great time to test that things work
correctly without the regular churn of package and infrastructure
updates.

Thanks!