Re: Implement dash as bootstrap shell

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 07:55:41PM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> I'm surprised you got past the bootstrap check which explicitly looks
> for dash and aborts if the echo test fails.
Maybe I changed the /bin/sh symlink to point to /bin/bash for the
bootstrap and switched back later, I don't remember. But I had to set
CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash because many configure scripts did not work with
dash. Added WRAPPER_SHELL=/bin/bash after the 2014-09-02 change in
gen-transform.sh

If you use a patched dash (and/or modified gen-transform.sh), this will
work except for bash-y configure scripts in some packages.

Regards
Matthias