Re: TMPDIR and bsd.pkg.mk (was Re: clang builds and /var/tmp)

Le 28/10/15 19:07, Joerg Sonnenberger a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 05:07:14PM +0100, Richard PALO wrote:
>> Le 23/10/15 12:18, Richard PALO a écrit :
>>> Okay to commit both this dbus patch and the one for ncurses?
>>>

>> I'll commit these this weekend if no serious objections.
>
> Personally, I'm against this. It hard codes an administrative decision
> that IMO doesn't belong into the infrastructure.
>
> Joerg

? are you referring to the patch concerning dbus, ncurses, or both?

The Ncurses debug line is clearly arbitrary so the patch gets over a preposterous situation.

The dbus patch simply makes the session-socket-dir choice explicit instead
of being set behind scenes to something potentially unuseable.

I believe the pkgsrc infrastructure is to make things reliable and, more importantly,
repeatable.

FWIW, cheers
--
Richard PALO