Re: gpg1 vs gpg2 [was Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/gnupg2]

   Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:28:13 +0000
   From: Benedek Gergely <i3enedek%neomailbox.net@localhost>

   On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 06:05:19PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
   > On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 03:42:12PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
   > > gpg1 actually still works without unnecessary broken moving parts.
   >
   > What Taylor said, using gpg1 is much less stressful for the casual
   > user...

   I'd say most of the pain is down to pinentry.

gpg2 is unusable without working pinentry, so that's a bit of a moot
point.

I'm also not convinced the way gpg-agent works inside makes any sense
at all, even if bugs in pinentry-curses in particular were fixed, but
it's been long enough since I looked into this that I won't go
blabbing further about it.