Re: pkgtools/pkgdiff: mkpatches, ignore time stamp for unchanged patches

Leonardo Taccari <iamleot%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Hello Ryo,
>
> Ryo ONODERA writes:
>> [...]
>> Thank you.
>> However patchdiff from pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkgdiff
>> may perform similar behavior?
> Ops!, you are completely right and I didn't know about patchdiff!
> Thank you!
> Now I know that I have just reimplemented the patchdiff functionality
> inside mkpatches. :)

I think it would be good if mkpatches declined to update patchfiles if
they weren't actually meaningfully different, at least by default.  I
find it annoying when I run mkpatches and e.g. see 12 .orig files, when
examination shows that really there's just the new patch I added and 3
that were defuzzed, with 8 unchanged.

I guess this comes down to suggesting that mkpatches be "mkpatches;
patchdiff".  Does anyone ever want to not have this behavior?