Re: problems updating math/py-rpy package

On Apr 28, 2015, at 12:10 PM, Leonardo Taccari wrote:
> Can you checkout it from pkgsrc-current please? There you will find the
> 2.5.6 version.

Thanks.  I didn't realize it had been updated.

> It can be a bit risky but for small packages usually you can mix the
> packages in quarterly release and -current.

Yes.  For the record, the new version also requires checking out devel/py-singledispatch.  However, after that it works with pkgsrc-2015Q1.

Is there a reason not to add a buildlink3.mk file to the py-rpy package?  The reason I needed to update was because it is a dependency for another package I am working on.  That one presumably would like to use the buildlink file.  Or should I rely solely on DEPENDS lines in the Makefile?

Cheers,
Brook