pbulk on AIX woes

Hi,
I managed to get a bulkbuild env setup on AIX 7 using
pkgsrc/mk/pbulk/pbulk.sh (after some sweat) and fired off the
pbulk/bin/bulkbuild script earlier today. I came back to check to find
that it had complete the scan stage & was sitting at the prompt.
I've fired off the script again but looking in bulklog/meta there
doesn't to be anything being written to disk. When the bulkbuild is
started bulklog/meta is recreate with
-rw-r--r--    1 root     sys               0 Apr 23 13:45 pscan.stderr
-rw-r--r--    1 root     sys             166 Apr 23 13:45 status
And it stays like that.
I bootstrapped pkgsrc-current on a different prefix & installed pdksh
there then edited {pkg,pbulk}/etc/mk.conf & defined TOOLS_PLATFORM.sh
& TOOLS_PLATFORM.ksh

This didn't make any difference, I also tried replacing references to
/bin/sh to pdksh in the bulkbuild & scan scripts, again, no
difference.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what I could try to get things moving?

Sevan / Venture37