Re: misc/gnuls wants FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 07:47:14AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > >>      For pkg_comp, building as root in a chroot is the normal practice.
 > >
 > > Is there a way to detect the build is inside pkg_comp?
 > > FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE could be set by default in that case.
 >
 > This isn't related to pkg_comp.  Packages should build as root, so if
 > upstream bits complain due to some sense of hygiene, it should be
 > patched.

There are some packages where building as root is disabled because of
broken configure tests that give wrong answers as root.

I think coreutils is one of those so this particular change may want
to be crosschecked...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost