Re: XFCE Update proposal to 4.12

"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> writes:

> => Fixes wrong module version in freetype2.pc
> cd: can't cd to /d0/build/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/xfce4/work/xfce4-4.12.0
> *** Error code 2
> This appears to be a recently-introduced interaction of the pkgsrc
> framework itself as I noticed the same problem when I rebuilt wip/xfce48
> before the xfce4-4.12 work was revealed.  In the past, wip/xfce48's
> meta-package "built" and installed without any complaint.

I have seen this in the past, too.   I wonder if the issue is that
something in  a Makefile.common is defined for the metapackage but
really should be only for packages that unpack distfiles and use
specific dependencies.   There should be no reason for a freetype2.pc to
exist in the meta package's work/bl3 tree.

However, my (2015Q1) xfce4 package has no files yet it depends on
(besides the xfce4-foo packages it should):

glib2>=2.34.0
gtk2+>=2.24.22nb3
libSM>=0.99.2
gnome-icon-theme>=2.12.1nb2

>   pre-extract:
>   	@mkdir -p ${WRKSRC}
>
> to the meta-package Makefile allows it to "build" and install on netbsd-6
> platforms and appears not to interfere on netbsd-{7,current}.

That seems like papering over the problem.

I suspect that after getting the dependency stuff cleaned up this error
may go away.