Re: Removing lang/python26

> Removal proposals should explain what what's officially EOL and actually
> unmaintained and for how long, will be lost, and what the positive
> effects on maintenance issues will be.  (I have not noticed any real
> pain from python26 still being in pkgsrc.)

python26 was EOL'd in 2013Q4. $X py26 packages will be lost. Maintenance will
be easier due to having fewer packages to maintain and not backporting fixes to
packages which might never be fixed upstream. Fewer breaks in bulk builds due
to upstream dropping support for py26 (sometimes, this is not documented).
etc. etc.