Re: PKGSRC_COMPILER not working on NetBSD?

Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:02:46 -0700
> Jeff Rizzo <riz%tastylime.net@localhost> wrote:
>
>> > I have:
>> >
>> > PKGSRC_COMPILER=	ccache gcc
>
>> This is a pbulk setup
>
> Beware of this combination. I've recently tried the same and have found
> out that GCC_REQD handling is broken. It never tries to depend on newer
> GCC packages even when marked as necessary, leading to various breakage
> unless you have very recent GCC.

Do you mean that ccache/gcc leads to trouble with GCC_REQD always, or
that it's only trouble when also adding pbulk?

I wonder if this is why GCC_REQD seems very troubled to me, as I ~always
use ccache.

Does the same problem happen with distcc?  (I don't immediately see how
distcc would get passed the information about the alternative compiler
name, even assuming it were set up.)