Re: MESSAGE considered harmful

"J. Lewis Muir" <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> writes:

> +1 I want the default to be safe/secure, even if the package has to
> go out of its way to make it that way.  The user can then configure
> or enable things, but without doing anything, the default should be
> safe/secure.

Even stronger, I would say that installing a package should not cause
anything to run automatically.  This is true of new things in base;
e.g. you have to put sshd=YES to turn it on.

The other issue is replacing (shadowing) commands already present in
base.   (There is an issue with bin/su in heimdal, but I think it's just
a usability issue, not a security one.)