Re: ~4000 packages failing on my own bulk build

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 09:17:20PM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
 > > > https://bulktracker.appspot.com/
 > > >
 > > > It has the reports from the pkgsrc-bulk mailing lists and downloads
 > > > the "machine-readable" versions linked from the report.
 > >
 > > You know about this?
 > >
 > > http://www.netbsd.org/~dholland/broken/index.cgi
 > >
 > > I'm guessing not.
 >
 > No, I didn't.
 >
 > It seems geared towards a slightly different use case though.
 > Actually, it looks kinda like an issue tracker to me. But it looks
 > useful, thanks.
 >
 > The idea in BulkTracker is to populate the database in a fully
 > automated way. It currently offers no way of triaging things like
 > yours does.

Well, it's ultimately the same thing; the chief difference is that it
has database-level stuff to allow unifying disparate failure reports
under the umbrella of a single issue. Because, based on experience,
this is what one wants.

The only reason mine doesn't update automatically is that I haven't
got that far yet; the first step was making it do anything at all and
replacing older hand-maintained lists, the second was making the user
interface at least sort of viable, and the third hasn't happened yet.
Importing a new build from an existing build series currently requires
handholding, but not all that much; adding a new build series is a
pain though. (The reason it doesn't have the Joyent builds in it is
that I wanted more automation before trying to drink from that
firehose...)

How does yours work? Would you be willing to merge the two, or
something along those lines? I have no huge stake in my code, and the
reason the project description someone already posted exists is that I
have been hoping for a long time that someone else will take this up.
But it seems like it would be a mistake to throw away the database
design work I've already done, and maybe the data too.

 > Is there a page (wiki or other) where these links are collected?

Not that I know of. I used to periodically post the link to (previous
generations of) my stuff, but I haven't in a while since owing to lack
of time it hasn't gotten updated much.

As far as I know it's the only (other) one though. It used to be that
everyone likely to work on this stuff already knew about it; but I
guess that isn't true any more. :-/

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost