Re: Building Abiword 3.0.0 fails in build stage

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 22:59:41 +0100
Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:54:18PM +0100, Niclas Rosenvik wrote:
> > Since this discussion is about options, I want to ask about gtk.
> > abiword 3 can be built with either gtk2 or gtk3(I have successfully
> > built both) do you think this should be an option and if so which
> > one should be the default?
>
> I think gtk2 is on the way out, so please make it a default-gtk3
> option.
>
> Thanks,
>  Thomas

I've put it to default to gtk3.
Well gtk2 might be on it's way out but what I am thinking of is how it
integrates with the desktop environment that people are using.
I can't find any usable themes to gtk3 in pkgsrc. The only desktop that
I know of that has good gtk3 theming is gnome3 and I don't think pkgsrc
have it. Then I use gtk3 apps they look different to the other apps.
One problem I have come across with having gtk options is that
the dependency of one plugin must be compiled with the same gtk
toolkit as abiword or it is disabled.

Niclas