Re: Building Abiword 3.0.0 fails in build stage

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 22:02:43 +0000
Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> I've already submitted my package to wip. Or at least I've tried,
> because I might have botched it.

Trying your package from wip (recent NetBSD 6 amd64 with native X):

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-plugins=       YES
 should be
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-plugins="list of plugins"
 see abiword-plugins makefile, or for example FreeBSD ports one for
 ideas for options if you want to go there

Referring to packaging discussion, note that for example Debian splits
plugins that "require significant amounts of extra software" to
separate packages (grammar and mathview seem to be only separate
plugins), and FreeBSD doesn't build all plugins by default.
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/abiword
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/editors/abiword/Makefile

HOMEPAGE should be http://www.abisource.com/

I couldn't reproduce your crash with brief attempt with 3.0.0. However,
latest version is 3.0.1, many fixes there, maybe one of them helps you.

Comparing to old Makefile, there seemed to be some sh and perl
path fixes. (Unhelpfully, looks like Abiword doesn't ship
build documentation in main tarball anymore and I didn't see
abiword-docs either, so no need for sh one I guess?)
Is plugins/openxml/common/xp/converter.pl in 3.0.1 used in any way?