Re: Building Abiword 3.0.0 fails in build stage

On 22 December 2014 at 06:23, David H. Gutteridge
<dhgutteridge%sympatico.ca@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014, at 09:22:32 +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>>Just a quick update. I have built the package abiword-3.0.0 with all
>>plugins and it runs fine until one saves a document. Then it crashes
>>and segfaults. I had more or less the same problem with Abiword v2.8.
>>I am not going any further with this package, but I could try to
>>upgrade the existing one keeping plugins and abiword separate. If
>>anybody wants the related files, please mail me off list.
>
> I resurrected my old work to move it to 3.0.0 and now have my own
> version of a GTK3 Abiword 3 package. I can't duplicate the problem
> you're having saving documents with either the stock pkgsrc 2.8.6
> package version or the 3.0 package I've produced. Can you be more
> specific about what you're doing that causes a crash?
>
> I really don't think it's beneficial to have a separate plugins
> package anymore. It makes more sense to integrate the plugins as an
> option within the base package (which is what I've done). As you've
> found, even when "no plugins" is specified, it still builds the one
> that handles ODT documents, so at a minimum the base package will
> install that one, and it'd be confusing to have one plugin coming
> from one package, and others from a separate one. (Not to mention
> the presence of multiple make files seems to have introduced
> other confusion, viz. the conflicting options concerning gnomevfs
> support in the existing package between files.)
>
> My version of the package needs a fair amount of tidying up. (For
> instance, I've seen it successfully finds dependencies that aren't
> actually specified in my make file, e.g. Abiword needs libgcrypt now
> since it supports Blowfish-encrypted ODT files.) If you're abandoning
> your efforts, I can take over as I have time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

I was going to polish my package before submitting it to wip. If you
think you have a working package, go ahead, but first let me/us know,
otherwise we'll end up duplicating our efforts.

Apologies but I don't have much time lately and it takes hours to compile.