cwrappers and the environment

Hi all,
one issue I am seeing with cwrappers and not sure how the fix is the
following. Some packages like graphics/jbigkit directly call ${LIBTOOL}
or ${CC} from their Makefile, without using MAKE_ENV or friends. This
means they currently don't get CWRAPPERS_CONFIG_DIR either, so the
wrapper complains. I could just export that variable from
mk/cwrappers.mk, but it also means that the various packages that invoke
their custom build systems without sanitized environment won't get
caught. I'm feeling a bit like sitting between a rock and a hard place
:)

Joerg