Re: misc/screen doesn't work on netbsd-5

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 05:03:03PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> misc/screen is broken on netbsd-5. On both macppc and amd64, screen
> just returns "Abort".

I don't remember seeing that, and I've been running screen for a while
(mostly amd64, some others now and again).  I do remember two things
changing with screen since 5.0, one was to do with the termcap to
terminfo migration, and another was to do with the ptyfs introduction.

> Not directly related, but while compiling, I kept seeing attempts to
> run git:
>
> cc -c -I. -I.  -I/usr/include
> -DETCSCREENRC='"/usr/local/etc/screenrc"'
> -DSCREENENCODINGS='"/usr/local/share/screen/utf8encodings"'
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_REV=\""`git describe --always 2>/dev/null`"\"
> -O2 -I/usr/include viewport.c
> git: not found
>
> Why wouldn't the git version be assigned to a variable rather than
> run a whole bunch of times?

Sorry, not a clue about this one. Is git even cited as a pre-req?

Best,
Alistair