Re: devel/libffi on ARM

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 00:57:58 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 10:10:34AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 01:56:09 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 03:44:42PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
>>It seems that devel/libffi/patches/patch-src_arm_sysv.S causes
>>libffi to fail on NetBSD 7 on evbarm:
>
>Correct, the person doing the update broke it. Just dropping the patch
>is not correct as it will result in missing unwind annotations.

Send patches to upstream first, or stay on old obsoleted version forever?

Or maybe just don't do drive-by updates without understanding all
patches OR testing them?

Then, will I send all future update request to you after if you applied local patches, OK?
Or have you tested on ARM platforms other than NetBSD/eARM with various compilers/assemblers?

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost