Re: Preserving binary packages

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 09:19:03AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> If you really want to re-use a binary package, you can use
> "make bin-install" instead of "make package-install".
> * always use binary packages for installation even on dependency if
> available.
> * binary packages will be created even on dependency if not available.

I don't understand the details - I am using pkgsrc in two different
ways: on "source" machines, where I build everything locally and on
"binary only" machines, where I only use binary pkgs compiled locally
on one of the source machines (often because I need special compilation
options, use bizare processor types, or explicitly want something in
pkgsrc-current instead of the quarterly release - so no distrust in
the "official" pkgs involved).

I just want a simple way to have pkg_chk create all the binary pkgs I
need (on another machine). Al's suggestion would give me that option
back, as would a new command line option to pkg_chk to make it use
"make package-install" (or whatever).

Martin