Re: Preserving binary packages

> Subject: Preserving binary packages
> [...]
> Does anyone have any objections to this approach?
>
> Thanks,
> Alistair

Hello,
Just yesterday it happened to me that I needed to reuse my stronger machine to generate packages for my laptop (I cannot compile QT on it anymore, as it started to take way too much memory) and I landed with the problem that there are no packages (I considered it at the first glance as a regression) in the standard location (/usr/pkgsrc/packages/)...

Because I wanted to have the job done as soon as possible and resume testing NetBSD-current I went for a quick walk-around with extracting the files from temporarily created working directories and placing them in a desired location.

I'm for your addition/change, as being a good resistance to a mistake or bad memory.

With regards,