Re: Building error in graphics/p5-PerlMagick

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 09:19:44AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> It seems to want it itself but does that matter?  If a package A pulls
> in a buildlink from package B doesn't it effectively pull in every
> buildlink that package B does?  In other words, don't includes nest?

Yes, if the buildlink3.mk is included by ImageMagick's buildlink3.mk,
it's available, and you don't have to include it yourself.

For PerlMagick, the following scenario is not probable, but for other
packages it could happen that A depends on B which pulls in C (which A
also needs) but at some point B stops depending on C. That'd break A
then. So we try to include all direct dependencies directly.

> > How do you update your packages?
>
> In this case I deleted /usr/pkg and /var/db/pkg* and built everything
> from scratch.  I then removed fontconfig, p5-PerlMagick and everything
> that I was required to by pkg_delete and rebuilt p5-PerlMagick.

fontconfig has a builtin file, so perhaps some package(s) need a newer
version and pull in the pkgsrc version and others don't. Could that be
the cause of the problem you're seeing?
 Thomas