Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/R-mime

On Sep 3, 2014, at 6:29 PM, OBATA Akio wrote:
> I feel that it is better that "mime" packages in "mail" category,
> and "markdown" is in "textproc", "digest" is in "security",
> same as other languages.

To some degree I agree with this sentiment.  However, the state-of-the-art as
it currently stands is that all the R packages are in math.  The existing set
includes packages that by what I am guessing is your criterion would also be
elsewhere (e.g., at least biology, devel, geography, www).  I believe we also
have a policy against changing categories for existing packages, which in this
case goes against the idea of a reorganization of R packages along saner
category lines.

Thus, perhaps we need to address this as a broader policy issue.  To that end,
I have added tech-pkg to the recipients (and removed pkgsrc-changes) and hope
for a broader discussion.

Cheers,
Brook