Re: netpbm: "Super Stable" -> "Advanced" -- please test

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 12:03:47AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Currently, pkgsrc is using the "Super Stable" version of netpbm, which
> only gets minimal fixes. The author is also maintaining an "Advanced"
> version, and I've been feeding back our local patches to him.
>
> I'd like to switch pkgsrc to the "Advanced" version.
>
> I've prepared a version in wip/netpbm. Please test it on your favorite
> platform/opsys. I'll use it for updating graphics/netpbm sometime next
> week, depending on the feedback I get.

It builds fine and seems to work under NetBSD/amd64 7.0_BETA with
native X.org.

It doesn't build under Mac OS X Mavericks:

ar rc libnetpbm.a libpm.o pmfileio.o fileio.o bitio.o colorname.o libpamd.o
libpbm1.o libpbm2.o libpbm3.o libpbmfont.o libpgm1.o libpgm2.o libppm1.o
libppm2.o libppmcmap.o libppmcolor.o libppmfuzzy.o libppmd.o ppmdfont.o
standardppmdfont.o path.o libppmfloyd.o libpnm1.o libpnm2.o libpnm3.o libpam.o
libpamread.o libpamwrite.o libpamn.o libpammap.o libpamcolor.o libsystem.o
util/filename.o util/io.o util/mallocvar.o util/matrix.o util/nsleep.o
util/nstring.o util/shhopt.o util/token.o util/vasprintf.o
ranlib libnetpbm.a
ld: unknown option: -soname

It looks like "graphics/netpbm/patches/patch-aa" needs to be adapted
for the new version.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                 https://zhadum.org.uk/