Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc

"Darrin B. Jewell" <dbj%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> Module Name:  pkgsrc
> Committed By: dbj
> Date:         Mon Jul 21 06:53:25 UTC 2014
>
> Added Files:
>       pkgsrc/licenses: wxwindows-3.1

wxwindows-3.1 appears to be gnu-lgpl-v2 (or later) with an exception.
Our concern in licensing is that people not accidentially run code with
non-free licenses, and is not meant to enable automatic processing for
people creating and distributing derived works.  Thus the added
exception isn't bothersome, since it's almost inconceivable that someone
would be ok with LGPL v2 but not ok with this license (and if so, they
are such an outlier that our license mechanism will generally not work
for them).

This is listed by OSI as:

  http://opensource.org/licenses/wxwindows

(but without a version).   So it is eligible to be added, and would then
need to be in DEFAULT_ACCEPTABLE in license.mk and pkg_install.  But
that feels like needless churn

So I would suggest that this just say

# LGPLv2 with additional permission; http://opensource.org/licenses/wxwindows
LICENSE=        gnu-lgpl-v2