Re: libtool, -fstack-protector, -nostdlib, and while we're at it -Bdirect on SunOS

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:39:22PM +0200, Richard PALO wrote:
> I believe that '-fstack-protector*' is quite similar in this
> respect, and that if '-fstack-protector*' is required to build the
> shared library with libtool, then it will be necessary to ultimately
> link to this new shared library.

No, it isn't. Once the stupid static linkage issue is fixed, it becomes
only necessary when *statically* linking. E.g. if libperl.so was built
with -fstack-protector, something linking against libperl.so doesn't
have to.

Joerg