lint rules for packages

Do we have any existing infrastructure for running lint (or whatever
other program checker) on packages? I don't think so, but I thought
I'd ask.

Most packages don't come with make rules for this, but it seems like
setting up the wrappers so that "cc" actually runs the program checker
would cover a lot of cases.

As to whether it's useful... netbsd's lint isn't, but other program
verifiers are. And while we mostly aren't maintaining packages
ourselves, there are enough that we effectively are (and enough reason
to run program verifiers on at least some others) that having some
infrastructure might be worthwhile.

Not that I'm likely to get to doing it anytime soon, but I wonder what
people think.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost